2018-2019 School Year
7007 Knights Court
Missouri City, TX 77459
Elkins High School serves all neighborhoods in Riverstone. It boasts an active parent volunteer program and provides strong academics with more than 200 possible course selections including gifted and talented programs, honors programs, 21 advanced placement (AP) courses, special education instruction and an extensive vocational-technical curriculum. From the beginning, it has been a “Castle of Champions.”
UIL-sponsored athletic programs and co-curricular programs including choir, band, drill team, student government, Academic Decathlon and Octathlon also are offered. Notable accomplishments include two UIL state academic championships, three state baseball championships, one state softball championship and numerous regional and district championships in academics, athletics and fine arts.
Elkins also has graduated a number of National Merit finalists and semifinalists.
TEA Rating: A
Distinctions Earned: ELA/Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Comparative Closing the Gaps
School Mascot: Knights
School Colors: Royal blue and gold
Principal: Deidra Lyons-Lewis
Assistant Principals: Sandra Lacks, Scott Campbell, Amber Grady, Patrick Schultz and Lita Skinner
- Elkins has earned an A and is ranked #38 in Houston High School rankings by Children at Risk in 2017.
- Fourteen Elkins student-athletes signed their national letters of intent in 2017, which indicates their intention to further their education and continue their athletic career.
- Earned distinctions from the Texas Education Agency in English Language Arts/Reading, Mathematics, Social Studies and Top 25 Percent: Student Progress for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Elkins High School Air Force JROTC TX-932 earned the 2016-2017 Air Force JROTC Distinguished Unit Award with Merit, the highest honor presented to an Air Force JROTC unit.
- The Elkins Baseball Team won the 2015 5A District Championship.
- Elkins students took two medals at the 2014 State Visual Arts Scholastic Event.
- Elkins was named one of the 2012 Top High Schools in the nation by The Washington Post.
- Elkins was the pilot high school in the Fort Bend ISD for the Developmental Guidance Model recommended by the State of Texas.
- In 2002, Elkins won the Blue Ribbon Award, a national award of excellence.